Search This Blog

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Phew

I am exhausted!  School began this week, and while it went really well, I am so tired! The good news is that I only worked 2 days at the golf course during the week, but I am working both weekend days. The season is almost over, but I do not like working 7 days a week.

This year I am teaching 6 classes instead of 5. I was not sure how I would feel about this, but so far it has been OK. One benefit is that I do not have a study hall, which is usually a good thing. I have 3 different preps, and I teach 2 sections of each prep. I like it because it gives me some variety in my day.  I would go bonkers if I had to teach the same lesson 6 times every day. I do like the fact that every class period is different and the kids always keep me guessing. I think I will have some challenges this year, but I am up for it! I am always amazed at how much fun I have while teaching. In fact, when people cringe when I tell them that I teach middle school, my response is always that my job (in my opinion) is so much fun. I feel so lucky to have a job that I love and that challenges me everyday. It helps that I am married to an amazing teacher. He is the teacher I hope to be some day. He is a natural whereas I have to work at it every.single.day.

I will write more soon, but my bed is calling. :-) Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment