Search This Blog

Sunday, February 8, 2015

The necessity of snow days


Snow.  A four letter word that fills me with excitement and joy.  We have been getting our fair share of snow this winter, and I couldn't be happier.  Snow days are nature's way of telling us to stay in, power down, just be.  I have placed snow days in the no guilt for relaxing category, which is silly because I could take a day off if I wanted to.  There is just something about the decision being made for me that I love.  It feels like a wonderful gift, every time.

On a snow day, I don't feel guilty spending all of nap time reading or napping.  There is no pressure to go anywhere or do anything, and that is amazingly freeing for someone like me who thinks every hour should be scheduled.  It allows me to check out of my business for a bit, and I need that.

It is a time to play with LX, whatever he wants for as long as he wants because we are not in a rush.  I am not trying to hustle us out the door for school, my stress level rising with each passing minute.  We don't even need to get dressed!  As another storm moves in tonight, I anticipate a snow day.  Monday snow days are the supreme best.  It seems greedy, a day off after a weekend?  Our weekends are rarely free and always semi-hectic (totally my fault), so an extra do nothing day is just what the doctor ordered.

No comments:

Post a Comment