Search This Blog

Monday, May 13, 2013

My favorite books

I have always been a re-reader of my favorite literature, and I know some people think it is strange.  To me, there is nothing better than the warmth and familiarity of a good story.  To that end, I will share some of my favorite reads over the years.

As a child, my favorite series was the Babysitters Club by Ann M. Martin.  I must have read hundreds of these books, many more than once.


I Know This Much is True by Wally Lamb is another all-time favorite.  I read it for the first time in high school or college, and it is a book that speaks to me in a different way each time.


Augusten Burroughs is one of my favorite authors, and all of his books are amazing.  The one I most enjoyed was Running with Scissors.


My favorite young adult trilogy shouldn't come as a surprise...The Hunger Games!  LOVE this series!  I think I might actually be obsessed with it.  


Finally, Summer Sisters by Judy Blume.  As someone with two sisters with whom I am super-close, this book really resonated with me.  It is so reminiscent of all of Cape Cod summers.






No comments:

Post a Comment