Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

I had a 5-day weekend this year, and WOW was it busy! This weekend was a fair mix of work and play, and I am returning to work a bit less tired than before. I only have 8 more days with the kids, which is unbelievable to me. The first day of school just does not seem like it was that long ago, and yet, in 8 short days, they will move on. The end of the year is always bittersweet. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE summer vacation, but I do find myself missing school and the kids after a while. While I have had some tough kids this year, I have really enjoyed my classes for the most part.

So here is a rundown of our weekend...
Friday, Day 1 of Memorial Day weekend for me! J and A came up for lunch and outlet shopping! It was a fab girl's day ending with wine and birthday cake on the deck. A's birthday is May 30th so we celebrated a bit early!

Saturday, Day 2: We headed to NH to visit with D's family. Our BIL's father passed away so D's sister and family were in from CA! While I wish the circumstances had been better, it was great to see them! We came home to drop off the dogs, and then we were off to another party. Our friends A and T (who are getting married in the fall!) hosted a BBQ. We enjoyed the great food, nice weather, margaritas, and fab friends. I love how most of our friends have been our friends for what seems like umpteen years. There is such a comfort level, and I really love it!

Sunday, Day 3: After a late night, we slept in...a bit! Our friends B and M came by with Baby C! She turned 6 months old today! It is hard to believe how fast she is growing. After our baby fix, J and J came up for lunch. It was so nice out so we ate on the deck again. Lastly, it was off to work!

Monday, Day 4: Today we met P and J, D's HS buddies for breakfast. We went to a diner, and the food was so so. After that, we lounged around until I had to go into work. :-(

Tuesday, Day 5: Day 5 was the worst...mostly because this weekend had given me a taste of summer vacation. I would catch myself thinking (as I was bartending) how nice it will be once I don't have to worry about what time I will get out of work since I won't have school in the morning. I spent a fair amount of time today doing un-fun stuff...like groceries and getting an oil change. Overall, the weekend was FAB! Can't wait until summer vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment