Search This Blog

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Baby #2

Something that Dave and I have been working on is adopting a sibling for LX!  We actually started the process in June, and we should be active and waiting in a month or so.  This time everything feels so different.  I am sure we still have emotional roller coasters as we wait, but now we have LX to focus on.  He has been the answer to so many prayers and longings that another child would be icing on an already sweet cake.

I didn't write about this, but I lost my Nani in January.  Seeing the way our family needed each other during such a hard time really opened our eyes.  We thought we would be happy with one child, but we started to feel that it was unfair to LX.  Not to be morbid, but Dave and I won't be around forever.  We hated the idea of him being alone, ever.  We also are so close with our siblings that I can't believe that we didn't have a change of heart sooner.

While I am not excited about the process again as it just seems like we finalized, but I am VERY excited about our family growing.  Dave and I often ask each other if two children is wise when LX is on a tear, but we know in our hearts that it is.

LX and I have good talks when we are alone in the car, which is fairly often.  Today we talked about his adoption and his birth mom.  He "knows" that he was in S's belly and then we adopted him.  I asked him if he wanted a baby to join our family, and he yelled YES!  He said he wants a sister, but who knows who will join us.  Regardless, we are thrilled to be growing again in the next few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment