Search This Blog

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Inspired

We attended A's graduation today, and I was so inspired by the commencement speaker. Usually I find graduation speakers to be lame, but this guy was good. His whole message was about finding your calling in life, and then having the courage to follow it. I especially liked how he talked about how everything falls into place when you are doing what you were put on this earth to do. I never would have believed this in the past, but now that I am in fact following my calling, I definitely agree. J and I talked about this over lunch on our way home, and we just cannot believe how our lives have turned out. We both feel more blessed than we ever thought we'd be. Not that life is perfect by any means, but I feel so happy with who I am and how my life is. Whether it was a series of well-times choices or fate, I will probably never know. Regardless, I am so grateful to be in the time of my life.

Here is a song that leave me feeling inspired:

"Can you feel the butterflies floating all around
Cause I sure can feel them now
Tonight, maybe tonight
Is the start of a beautiful ride that will never end
And baby I've got a feeling
This could be one of those memories
We're gonna hold on too, cling too, the one we can't forget
Baby this could be our last first kiss, the dawn of forever
What if this was that moment, that chance worth taking
History in the making" ~Darius Rucker

No comments:

Post a Comment